Thursday, September 10, 2009

Transition

As I begin my internship, I am struck with how nice the people I work with are. I am immediately welcomed into the office and am given an orientation. Having only ever worked on the Hill, it is definitely different-and wonderful- to be in a small public policy office as the only intern. In addition to special projects, some of the things I will be working on are:
duties other than special projects will include: meeting with key congressional and federal agency staff, scheduling hill and other appointment, spreparing correspondence and briefing materials, drafting short newsletter articles and fact sheets for distribution via the organization, website, participating in coalition meeting within and outside the field of vision loss and using tools and mehtods for conducting policy research.
I'm vrey excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment